That’s my experience.
I bought a Lenovo B590 windows 8. I tried to connect to my wireless network. I wrote the password correctly, but I couldn’t connect. I had to disconnect the security in the wireless network. Then I could connect. Meanwhile I was still connected, I changed the set up in my wifi acces point, puting the encryption and password I had before. Before this, I went into ‘internet and network’ in my laptop and changed the properties of the profile I was using -which was without password configured until that momment-. I set up the wireless connection to connect if the wifi broadcast is disabled. Then I disabled the wifi boradcast in my access point (as it is usually).
Eventually the wifi didn’t worked, and I had to change the computer.