– Desktop computer with win xp and an laserjet 3030 connected via usb and shared in the network.
– Laptop with win 7 64 bits.
1. Figure out how to modify the xp system to share the printer with win 7 (ask me if you need)
2. Install the pinter in the laptop like a local one
3. In the control panel/printers in the laptop, go to the new hp 3030 printer, printer properties and add a local port. The name of the local port must be the shared printer’s address (could be \\namedesktop\namesharedprinter, but in my case is not exactly ‘namedesktop’, maybe because I had changed the namedesktop and the shared printer adress preserve the old namedesktop – I think).
4. Now you can use the printer via network.